Accidents take a devastating toll on both you and your family. Injuries mean medical bills, losing time at work, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and missing out on the things you like to do. Severe injuries change your life forever.
If you’ve been injured, I know what you want in a New Orleans personal injury attorney: an attorney who is available to you whenever you need him and who is dedicated to winning you the compensation you deserve.
The Mahone Firm was founded with the promise that clients will work with a lawyer directly. No secretaries, no paralegals. The Mahone Firm accepts fewer cases to maximize efforts on your case, keeping pressure on the people and companies that caused your accident and your loss.
I have a unique perspective on personal injury litigation, having worked for both plaintiffs and defendants. I’ve defended big companies in cases involving injuries suffered during industrial operations, offshore operations, and onshore drilling. I know how defendants think because I used to represent them. I know what injured plaintiffs want and need because I take care of them today.
Personal injuries happen everyday. If you live in New Orleans, you hear about stories of people being severely injured or even dying from accidents on an almost daily basis.
These accidents can be caused by any number of things, everything from car and motorcycle accidents to accidents during offshore oil and gas operations. Whatever the cause or type of accident you’re facing, the impact is even worse when somebody else caused the accident.
Types of Louisiana Personal Injury Cases Accepted
The Mahone Firm accepts cases involving the following types of injuries:
- CAR ACCIDENTS: Car accidents happen almost every day, and the odds are that most people will be involved in an auto accident at some point in their lives. Click here to learn more.
- TRUCK ACCIDENTS: Commercial truck accidents lead to some of the most devastating injuries and claim thousands of lives each year. Click here to learn more.
- OFFSHORE ACCIDENTS: Offshore and maritime workers are vital to a number of different industries, such as energy and transportation, but nevertheless face grave dangers in their jobs. Click here to learn more.
- MARITIME ACCIDENTS: Maritime law protects not only injured offshore workers but also others who are hurt while offshore or on navigable waterways. Click here to learn more.
- INDUSTRIAL ACCIDENTS: People who work in plants, refineries, and other industrial facilities are exposed to risks on a daily basis from the equipment, chemicals, and other tools used in industrial operations. Click here to learn more.
- WORK ACCIDENTS: On the job injuries happen frequently and are not limited to offshore and industrial workers but rather can occur in virtually any line of work. Click here to learn more.
- TOXIC EXPOSURE: Many workers have gotten sick from being unknowingly exposed to hazardous and toxic substances, such as asbestos, benzene, or naturally occurring radioactive materials, by employers who should have protected them from harm. Click here to learn more.
- XARELTO INJURIES: Xarelto is a commonly-prescribed blood thinner that has been linked to significant injuries. Because there is no antidote to the blood-thinning effects of Xarelto, bleeding events that occur while taking the drug can be deadly. Click here to learn more.
- MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS: Even when motorcycle riders do everything to protect themselves on the road, they are still at the mercy of other drivers and suffer severe injuries when they are involved in accidents. Click here to learn more.
- BICYCLE ACCIDENTS: Laws protect cyclists and give them many rights on the roads, but they are still far too often the victims of motorists who fail to share the road with them. Click here to learn more.
- TOURIST ACCIDENTS: Millions of people visit New Orleans every year, and many of those people will suffer some sort of injury while they are in the city, whether from motorists, building conditions, poor hotel security, or some other reason entirely. Click here to learn more.
- WRONGFUL DEATH: Louisiana law protects the families of people who lose their lives in tragic accidents by allowing them to pursue wrongful death and survival actions to be compensated for their loss. Click here to learn more.
- ZOFRAN BIRTH DEFECT CLAIMS: The prescription medication Zofran, which is used to treat nausea and vomiting, has been linked to birth defects where mothers took the drug in the first trimester of their pregnancies. Click here to learn more.
Some injuries can be relatively minor but many times injuries are severe and can lead to long-term disabilities. If you’ve been injured, don’t fight it alone. Contact an accident lawyer at The Mahone Firm today.
Call a New Orleans Personal Injury Attorney
Hopefully neither you nor your family are ever seriously injured. But if so, call a New Orleans personal injury attorney at (504) 564-7342 so we can talk about what happened and start working to get you back to living your life. You won’t have to pay The Mahone Firm anything unless your case is successful.
Or, click here for answers to some questions commonly asked of Louisiana personal injury lawyers.